I’m a Senior Product Designer at Kora. But the truth is I never believed I would ever have a career in design. I went from earning nothing — I worked at my first ever job for free — to working in tech full-time and earning a salary that would make most people scream.
My morning routine is pretty much this:
Wake up (5 am) > Restroom > Room cleaning > Set up workstation > Drink water > Write/ Do a course/ Read a book (depends on the day)> Work.
I’m constantly improving myself because I’m in my building era.
International Women’s day is an important one, and I think everyone should be celebrating.
To my girlies in the product design space or those looking to make a career change, here are my top tips for you:
- Post your work, and always put yourself out there
- Read refactoring UI at least once every quarter
- Do a structured course like Udacity’s UX nano degree or google’s UX course.
- Move with audacity, speak up and ask for more work, money, and everything.
- Join design communities like designjobcaster, Asa Coterie etc.
Wondering what I listen to while I work? Enjoy my playlist!
For International Women’s Day, women of Kora are sharing their stories on working in tech as a woman and what it means to #EmbraceEquity, read the rest of the series here.
At Kora, we are connecting Africa to the world via payments. Visit www.korahq.com to see all the ways you can thrive with Kora.